Welcome back to Len's Cove - well soon, right? As of March 24th there was still 20-28" of ice on the Big Rideau Lake....so the panacea of an early spring seems an unlikely event. However, there are some rays of hope. El Niño (although a weak one apparently) should provide a slightly warmer and drier summer than usual. Fuel prices remain low - hurray! Parks Canada and the Rideau Canal seems to be holding the lines on hours and prices - so a great summer could be ahead.
Here are some important notes and tips for you to keep in mind as spring ramps up and the boating season approaches on Big Rideau Lake or wherever your summer takes you:
- Launch dates: you likely selected a launch date back in the fall when you were done with your boat, thank-you. You will receive an email within a few days outlining your choice from then and a link to the new launch form. Please take this time to firm up your selection.
- Tarps and shrink wrap will be removed in early April from cruisers and bowriders. Please ensure that if you removed canvas from your boat for cleaning that it is returned by the first week of April. We will be systematically uncovering sections of the yard at a time and will not leave any boats covered.
- Any other items removed?: If you removed any key items (battery, lines, fenders, etc.) that we will need to launch and test your boat, please make sure they are returned a week or more before your launch date.
- Pancake Brunch: April 12th, 10:30-12:30 at the Portland Community Hall. Please see this link for more details. We REALLY appreciate you coming to this important season opening event.
- The Galley: Opening May 8th! Our new Manager Peter Kosmas will be staffing, creating, and getting ready for you. Expect a focus on quality, kitchen efficiency, and consistency....along with some new and interesting menu items. If you have any feedback for Peter, please email to email@example.com , post it to the Galley Facebook page, or tweet it to us.
- Team changes: Please see our updated team page for a few new faces/roles. We can't wait to welcome you back to the marina.
- Minor Mandatory Repairs: Your baby has been sitting now peacefully for 6 months or so. When we launch it, we can find things that need attention before safe operation can occur. Any "optional items" we will just note to you. However, if there are any safety or mandatory items that are minor, we will proceed and repair them and charge them to your account. Such items may include: bilge pump, starting Battery, navigation lights, etc.
- Fuel and go: For runabouts and pontoons, we fuel the tank full with fresh fuel and charge it to your account. It is a fresh load of premium....a good way to start the season!
Thank-you very much for choosing Len's Cove for your winter storage needs. We really appreciate you putting your trust in us. If you have any feedback for us, we are all ears!